I am currently pursuing PhD and the title of my thesis is 'A Cloud-Based Framework for Big Data Analytics'. The main objectives of this research work include -
- Study existing big data tools and techniques, with specific focus on cloud-based technologies.
- Explore real-world applications of big data analytics using cloud-based technologies and identify potential ‘big’ datasets.
- Propose a technological framework for performing big data analytics in the cloud environment.
- Implement big data stack over the cloud platform.
- Implement data analytics techniques over specific datasets using base technologies and use the different components in an integrated format to support diverse analytical applications.
- Samiya Khan, Xiufeng Liu, Kashish A. Shakil, Mansaf Alam (2017), ‘A survey on scholarly data: From big data perspective’. Information Processing & Management, Elsevier. [SCIE/Scopus; Impact Factor: 3.444].
- Samiya Khan, Syed Arshad Ali, Nabeela Hasan, Kashish Ara Shakil, Mansaf Alam (2019), ‘Big Data Scientific Workflows in the Cloud: Present Research Status and Future Prospects’ in Cloud Computing for Geospatial Big Data Analytics: Intelligent Edge, Fog and Mist Computing, Eds. - Himansu Das, Rabindra K. Barik, Harishchandra Dubey, and Diptendu Sinha Roy, Springer (Book Series: Studies in Big Data). [Web of Science]
- Samiya Khan, Kashish A. Shakil, Mansaf Alam (2017), ‘Big Data Computing Using Cloud-Based Technologies: Challenges and Future Perspectives’ in Networks of the Future: Architectures, Technologies and Implementations, Chapman and Hall/CRC Press (Computer and Information Science Series). [Scopus]
- Samiya Khan, Kashish Ara Shakil, Mansaf Alam (Accepted), ‘PABED – A Tool for Big Education Data Analysis’. in 2019 20th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT 2019) to be held in Melbourne, Australia, February 13-15, 2019. [Scopus / IEEEXplore]
- Samiya Khan, Kashish Ara Shakil, Syed Arshad Ali, Mansaf Alam (2018), ‘On designing a generic framework for Big Data-as-a-Service’. 1st IEEE International Conference on Advanced Research in Engineering Sciences (ARES 2018), Dubai, UAE. [Scopus / IEEEXplore][Presented]
- Kashish Ara Shakil, Mansaf Alam, Shabih Shakeel, Ari Ora, Samiya Khan, (2018), ‘Exploiting Data Reduction Principles in Cloud-Based Data Management for Cryo-Image Data’.’ ICCMB 2018, Oxford, UK. [Scopus / ACM Digital Library]
- Samiya Khan, Kashish A. Shakil, Mansaf Alam (2018), 'Cloud-Based Big Data Analytics – A Survey of Current Research and Future Directions', in Big Data Analytics, Proceedings of CSI 2015, New Delhi, India, Springer (AISC Book Series). [Scopus][Presented]
- Kashish A. Shakil, Samiya Khan, Shadma Anis, Mansaf Alam (2017), '‘Dengue disease prediction using Weka data mining tool’ in the proceedings of IIRAJ International Conference (ICCI-SEM-2K17), GIFT, Bhubaneswar, India, ISBN: 978-93-86352-38-5. [Presented]
- Samiya Khan, Kashish A. Shakil, Mansaf Alam (2016), ‘Educational Intelligence: Applying Cloud-based Big Data Analytics to the Indian Education Sector’ in the proceedings of IEEE 2nd International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics 2016 (IC3I 2016), Noida, India. [Scopus / IEEEXplore][Presented]