I am currently pursuing PhD and the title of my thesis is 'A Cloud-Based Framework for Big Data Analytics'. The main objectives of this research work include -
- Study existing big data tools and techniques, with specific focus on cloud-based technologies.
- Explore real-world applications of big data analytics using cloud-based technologies and identify potential ‘big’ datasets.
- Propose a technological framework for performing big data analytics in the cloud environment.
- Implement big data stack over the cloud platform.
- Implement data analytics techniques over specific datasets using base technologies and use the different components in an integrated format to support diverse analytical applications.
- Samiya Khan, Xiufeng Liu, Kashish A. Shakil, Mansaf Alam (2017), ‘A survey on scholarly data: From big data perspective’. Information Processing & Management, Elsevier. [SCIE/Scopus; Impact Factor: 2.391].
Conference Papers (Presented)
- Samiya Khan, Kashish A. Shakil, Mansaf Alam (2018), 'Cloud-Based Big Data Analytics – A Survey of Current Research and Future Directions', in Big Data Analytics, Proceedings of CSI 2015, Springer (AISC Book Series).. [Scopus]
- Samiya Khan, Kashish A. Shakil, Mansaf Alam (2016), ‘Educational Intelligence: Applying Cloud-based Big Data Analytics to the Indian Education Sector’ in the proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics 2016 (IC3I 2016). [Scopus]
- Samiya Khan, Kashish A. Shakil, Syed Arshad Ali, Mansaf Alam (Accepted), ‘On designing a generic framework for Big Data-as-a-Service’. ICCMB 2018, Oxford, UK.
- Kashish Ara Shakil, Mansaf Alam, Shabih Shakeel, Ari Ora and Samiya Khan, (Accepted), ‘Exploiting Data Reduction Principles in Cloud-Based Data Management for Cryo-Image Data’ ICCMB 2018, Oxford, UK.
- Kashish A. Shakil, Samiya Khan, Shadma Anis, Mansaf Alam (2017), 'Dengue disease prediction using Weka data mining tool’ in the proceedings of IIRAJ International Conference (ICCI-SEM-2K17).
- Samiya Khan, Kashish A. Shakil, Mansaf Alam (2017), ‘Big Data Computing Using Cloud-Based Technologies: Challenges and Future Perspectives’ in Networks of the Future: Architectures, Technologies and Implementations, Chapman and Hall/CRC Press (Computer and Information Science Series).
Manuscripts Submitted for Review ___________________________________________________________
- Samiya Khan, Kashish A. Shakil, Mansaf Alam (Under Review), ‘Big Data-Assisted, Outcome-Based Quality Assessment Framework for Higher Education Systems’ [Journal Paper]